Saturday, January 26, 2013

Subtle Dot Gradient Tutorial

I've been wanting to try out dot gradients for a while, but I just hadn't found the right color combination yet. Luckily, I finally received my order of "Samoan Sands" by OPI last week, and I knew I had to finally try a dot gradient mani out! The color combination is actually inspired by a reddit post by /u/twelveeight. Anyway, here is what you'll need:


 "Samoan Sands" by OPI
"Chinchilly" by Essie
Top coat
Dotting tool ( I used the one with the largest dot)
Tape


1. Paint your nail your base color. Since "Samoan Sands" is a bit sheer, I decided to use it as the base color, so I wouldn't have to deal with painting it over the gray.

2. Use tape to create a diagonal line and paint the un-taped side with "Chinchilly" (make sure your base color is completely dry before you do this!!)
3. Use your dotting tool to create dots along the diagonal line (don't worry if the dots stick up, the top coat will even it out).
4. Make dots with the other color in between the first set of dots. Then make randomly arranged dots with the opposite colors. 
5. Apply top coat and you're done!

x



No comments:

Post a Comment